Magnus Karlsson received his Ph.D. in 1994 from Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden. Since 1995, he has been with the Photonics Laboratory at Chalmers, first as assistant professor and since 2003 as Professor in photonics.
He has authored or co-authored around 400 scientific journal and conference contributions, in the area of photonics and fiber optics. He has served in the technical program committees for OFC, ECOC, APC, ICC and Globecom. He is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America and senior member of IEEE. He served as associate editor for Optics Express 2008-2014, and has been deputy editor there since 2014. His research interests include fiber polarization effects, multidimensional modulation, nonlinearities and high-capacity transmission.
For JLT, he is
· Advising the Editor in Chief on strategic directions for the journal
· Performing initial editorial checking on submitted manuscripts
· Assigning submitted papers to Associate Editors in the “Systems, subsystems and networks for fiber optics communications” category
· Overseeing review and decision processes
· Occasionally acting as Associate Editor or Reviewer
Phone +1 732 562 6829
Phone +1 732 465 5859
IEEE Photonics Society
445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331
© Copyright 2023 IEEE - All rights reserved. A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.