Greg Sun received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University in 1993. Since then, he has joined University of Massachusetts Boston as faculty where he is now the Founding Chair of the Engineering Department. His current research interests are in semiconductor optoelectronics, group-IV photonics, plasmonics, and metamaterials. He published over 250 papers in internationally acclaimed journals and conferences, and served as a symposium organizer and on numerous technical program committees in international conferences. He also served as a guest editor for Optics Express and ACS Photonics. Dr. Sun is a member of the IEEE Photonics Society, AAAS and a Senior Member of the Optical Society of America.
For JLT he is
• Advising the Editor in Chief on strategic directions for the journal
• Performing initial editorial checking on submitted manuscripts
• Assigning submitted papers to Associate Editors in the “Optical waveguides and components” category
• Overseeing review and decision processes
• Occasionally acting as Associate Editor or Reviewer
Phone +1 732 562 6829
Phone +1 732 465 5859
IEEE Photonics Society
445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331
© Copyright 2023 IEEE - All rights reserved. A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.